Although students and graduates today acquire quality knowledge from their fields of study, they have less knowledge and skills in using it when facing complex problems. One of the reasons is that complex problems don't fit the patterns students learned, another is that complex problems most often require knowledge from various disciplines. Therefore non-linear, systematic, and interdisciplinary approach is required, which represents the basis of Solution design.
Summer school Solution Design
June 25 - July 8, 2017 at the University of Maribor, Slovenia
The target group of this summer school are MA and PhD students of various study fields, including engineering, natural sciences, economy, humanistics, fine arts... you name it! Apply here!
The main learning outcomes will be the capability of the following principles
of Solution Design taught and experienced on a chosen problem:
- system approach and holistic design thinking
- interdisciplinary problem identification, formulation and analysis
- interdisciplinary solution design, which includes technical, ecological, biological, economic, sociological, artistic and other perspectives
- problem and solution modelling, prototyping, testing and presentations, using most effective techniques for a given situation
- extensive teamwork, challenging tutoring and inter-team discussions.
The summer school will take place in Maribor, Slovenia from June 25 until July 8 2017.